Sunday, December 21, 2008

Family Story Quilt - Made in Washington, USA

It's been snowing for six days straight, and has broken all historical records for the area of Puget Sound, WA. I have been home-bound the entire time. It's amazing to see all this snow here. It's given me a lot of time to quilt.

I just finished creating a story quilt that depicts six pivotal moments throughout my life in The United States of America and also in Canada.

I used a basic block pattern, with four colors/patterns of cotton material. I drew, cut, stitched and ironed all my own applique. I also embroidered each block by hand to create a scene with the applique. I used a bamboo and cotton batting.

This is a family story quilt, that I will be giving to my eldest daughter for Christmas this year. I just started on a second quilt today, for my second daughter. It's a traditional patchwork, using just squares, triangles, and boarders of cotton. On the back I will embroider my silhouette, and a note to her. I hope to get the second one done by Christmas as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment